Event Date: August 26, 2022
Working Hours: 8am to 8pm
Age Requirements: 13+ years old
Stipend: $200 per 6' x 6' square
Application Deadline: July 22, 2022
Notifications: July 29, 2022
EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
The City of Zeeland is accepting artist applications for the Zeeland Chalk Fest happening on August 26, 2022. This event includes live music, food trucks, and more!
- Each artist is required to bring all of their own equipment & supplies.
- Tents are allowed during working hours, but not provided.
- Refreshments will be provided to the artists during the event.
- Each artist is required to bring all of their own art materials & supplies.
- Tempera paint is permitted at this event.
- Each artist will be given a 6' x 6' space to create in.
- Working Hours: Friday, August 26. Artists are allowed to begin at 8am. Each artist must complete their work by 8pm.
- Public Viewing Hours: The event will begin for the public at 4pm and ends at 8pm for public viewing and voting.
- Next-Day Viewing: Saturday, August 27. No voting will take place on Saturday and artists are not required to be present, though artwork will be open to independent viewers.
- Each Youth Artist will receive a $200 stipend per 6' x 6' square.
- You will receive the stipend at the event, via check. Full contact information is required to receive the stipend.
- The event will allow spectators for vote for their favorite online.
- The People's Choice winner will be announced on social media.
- Additional Event & Art Requirements:
- No political statements, nudity, or profanity.
- Artwork must be appropriate for family-friendly, public viewing.
- There are no reimbursements for supplies, travel, or lodging.