Fairview Road and Main Avenue
In cooperation with the Michigan Department of Transportation and the Zeeland Board of Public Works, the City of Zeeland is planning to reconstruct the intersection of Fairview Road and Main Avenue and resurface Main Avenue from Fairview Road to the East City Limits. We understand that these construction activities will inconvenience traffic throughout the course of the project, and we appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the project’s duration. The project will begin on May 1st and will extend through June 2, and this is what you can expect:
Intersection of Main and Fairview will be Closed to Traffic Beginning May 1st through May 20.
Milling and Resurfacing of Main from Fairview to East City Limits Beginning May 29 through June 2.
Road Closures throughout the project:
- Fairview South of Washington will be open to local traffic only (access will be available to Reckitt, Herman Miller, Reith Riley, Macatawa Bank).
- Main Avenue West of Chicago Drive/M-121 will be open to local traffic only (access although limited May 29 – June 2 will be available to Lake Michigan Credit Union, Miller Knoll, Howard Miller, and Macatawa Bank).
- Fairview North of BL-196 will be open to local traffic only (access will be available to Lincoln Ave., Plainfield Ave./Ct., Central Ave., and Howard Miller) – this will be considered truck route for the duration of the project.
- Main Avenue East of Sanford will be open to local traffic only (access will be available to Reckitt, Biotec, and Zeeland Public Schools Transportation).
Detour Routes (Please See Attached Map)
- Main detour route for traffic that travels on Fairview north of Main will be east on Washington to Chicago Drive/M-121.
- Intersection of Washington and Chicago Drive/M-121 will be signalized to stop traffic on Chicago Drive/M-121 to allow for turning movements through the intersection.
If you have any questions throughout the duration of the project, please contact Zeeland’s City Services and Infrastructure Department at 616-772-0870. To view the detour route map, please click here.